Editor’s note: The GCM team will be doing our best to maintain an up-to-date feed of announcements on this page. If you have news you think belongs here, please email Scott Hollister.
Wednesday, June 28
- Ewing Outdoor Supply, the largest family-owned wholesale landscape products distributor in the U.S., today announced its partnership with PGA TOUR golfers Aaron Baddeley and Peter Malnati and PGA TOUR Champions golfer Steven Alker.
- The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, an international trade association representing manufacturers and suppliers of outdoor power equipment, small engines, battery power systems, portable generators, utility and personal transport
vehicles, and golf cars, held its 70th Annual Meeting last week in Asheville, N.C. The association announced three new Board members: Klaus Hahn, President North America, Greenworks; Harold Redman, President and CEO, Echo Incorporated; and Nelson
Wilner, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Engines, Kawasaki Motors Corp. USA. The group also named a new Board chair, Mike Clancy, CEO Chervon North America.
- The USGA announced on Wednesday that Sand Creek Station, in Newton, Kan., will be the host site of the 3rd U.S. Adaptive Open Championship, set to be held July 8-10, 2024. The course previously hosted the 2014 U.S. Amateur Public
Thursday, June 22
- Turfgrass, a world leading golf course consultancy company, specialising in developing, enhancing, and maintaining the golf courses of the future, is delighted to announce the addition of Adam Moeller to their team of experts. Moeller's
extensive credentials and expertise in agronomy make him the perfect fit for Turfgrass as they expand their footprint in North America.
Wednesday, June 21
- On the heels of the U.S. Open’s successful return to the Los Angeles market after 75 years, the United States Golf Association (USGA) today announced that The Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, Calif., has been chosen
to host the 131st U.S. Open Championship, which will take place from June 12-15, 2031.
- Carhartt has become the Official Apparel Partner of the Grounds Crew at the Rocket Mortgage Classic. All Rocket Mortgage Classic crew members will be outfitted in Carhartt’s lightweight Force Polos, Rain Defender Sweatshirts,
Force Ripstop Utility Pants, Canvas Mesh Back Caps and backpacks to outwork the summer heat and any other condition. The partnership represents a continuation of Carhartt’s more than 130-year commitment to champion those who work with their
hands and help build stronger communities through hard work.
Tuesday, June 20
- Bobcat Company, a global compact equipment, innovation and worksite solutions brand, has expanded its grounds maintenance equipment lineup with the debut of the Bobcat® AT450 articulating tractor. The AT450 joins an extensive
grounds maintenance product portfolio that Bobcat has strategically grown over the past five years. This rugged and versatile machine excels at material handling, turf maintenance and snow removal, and is an ideal solution for hobby farms, commercial
properties, golf courses and sports facilities.
- The industry-leader in fine turf management solutions, Bernhard and Company, has continued its development within the Canadian territory via a new partnership with Canadian distributor, OJ Compagnie. The new relationship
comes as Bernhard and Company looks to increase its business presence through improved contact with new prospects across Canada, with OJ Compagnie covering the geographical area of Quebec.
Monday, June 19
- The National Golf Foundation, the only trade association that serves every sector of the golf business, has promoted Greg Nathan to the position of President and Chief Operating Officer. The move is effective June 19, 2023.
Friday, June 15
- Applications for the 18th annual Green Start Academy are now being accepted. This professional development event for assistant superintendents is presented by John Deere, Envu and Rain Bird, and will take place Dec. 6-8 at Pinehurst
Resort. The event features educational sessions, networking opportunities and roundtable discussions led by some of the most-respected leaders in the golf industry. Applications are being accepted through Aug. 1. For more information and
to apply, visit the Green Start Academy website.
Friday, June 2
- SePRO Corporation is pleased to announce Marc Snyder as the new Turf & Landscape Technical Specialist for the western United States. Before joining SePRO, Snyder enjoyed a successful career as a superintendent at the prestigious
Desert Mountain Club in Scottsdale, Arizona. His impressive track record includes hosting a number of major tournaments, such as The Skins Game, the PGA Club Professional Championship, the PGA Tour Qualifying School, the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic,
the Senior Skins Game, and The World Cup. He is a 43-year GCSAA member.
- Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply announced that it will update its name to Ewing Outdoor Supply to better reflect the customers and markets served. This change will take effect July 1, 2023. According to the
company, a key component of the rebrand is to have the company name support the width of Ewing product categories and the type of customers Ewing serves, all within the outdoor materials space.
Janne Lehto speaking with a fellow team member at the Hirsala Golf Maintenance Facility. Photo courtesy of BIGGA
- The British & International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA) has revealed that Janne Lehto, course manager at Hirsala Golf, has become Finland’s first certified Master Greenkeeper. Lehto, 30, is chairperson of the
Finnish Greenkeepers Association and is an agronomist for the Finnish Golf Union. Lehto is also a seven-year International Superintendent Member of GCSAA.
Monday, June 5
- BRANDT, a leading retailer of professional agronomic services and manufacturer of specialty input products, has re-organized its marketing function and promoted three into new positions. Rod Riech, currently marketing director, Agronomic
Services, is being promoted to Senior Marketing Director, North America. Jared Brown, currently events manager, is being promoted to Marketing Director, Agronomic Services. Alex Lovdahl, currently customer experience manager, is being promoted
to Marketing Director, Insights & Analytics.
Tuesday, June 6
- Pursell Agri-Tech LLC and Marion Ag Service Inc. have entered into a strategic marketing agreement that will extend availability of controlled-release fertilizer in the western eleven states. The two organizations
have partnered to develop a predictive release software called MASterGraph, which will assist in developing custom-tailored nutrient delivery plans that improve crop, environmental and financial outcomes for agricultural, turf and ornamental customers.
Friday, June 9
- NanoCharge by Turf NanoTech (TNT) is a unique new type of adjuvant whose patented nanotechnologies allow turfgrass managers to more effectively deliver their inputs into turf plants. NanoCharge™ contains engineered nanoparticle
solutions designed to tank-mix with fertilizer, pesticide, or PGR products to improve their uptake.